Mediterranean Cruise for Seniors

woodpecker

Three couples planning to go on a Med. cruise in September.This would be a first for all so we are looking at a 7/8 day cruise.Lots of cruises to choose from but would welcome recommendations from anybody who has
been there done that.Thanks

If you wait a bit longer you could get a great cruise on a ship that's positioning across the Atlantic from the Med to the Caribbean. We got a great value cruise (21 days) with Ocean Village, started in Crete, then to Malaga, then Madiera, then across the Atlantic (which was wonderfully warm in Oct/Nov) and visited about 6 Caribbean islands. Same price as for an 8 or 9 day Med Cruise. Flight home from Barbados.

Can you give more info on Atlantic cruise, where can I find it on Ocean Village site for example?
And flight details from Ireland
Tks M

Last edited:
Have been on 4 Med cruises all with different lines. I too am past my prime & have been cruising all over for the past 30 years long before it became cool. www.cruise.co.uk is a great site for info, reviews & tips. Personally I would recommend P & O for seniors. Most clients are Brits or Irish & the ships are mid size (around 70,000 tonners) & mid market pricewise. The largest ships on the Med. in sept. are Royal Caribbean.They are good value but carry over 3,000 passengers & are very impersonal/regimented. I have been with them too but they are a little bit like "Butlins at sea" with a younger clientele into belly flop competitions, late discos,etc. A couple of tips - Don't go for an inside cabin especially if this will be your first cruise - avoid mid term or school holidays but mid sept will be fine. - don't book with an Irish travel agency. On line UK or US based have the best prices & are even better than booking directly with the cruise company. make sure your stateroom is as near mid ships as possible, avoid being close to the elevator areas (noisy), avoid having your sea view obscured by a lifefeboat. Don't turn up for embarkation at the earliest designated time as you will be in a huge slow moving line of eager beavers. Arrive about 90 mins. before departure & go straight to your stateroom.
Costa, an Italian line is also worth consideration & popular with non english speaking europeans if you're cool with that.
Finally if you want to PM me I have no problem with that.

I was with Costa last year; it is an Italian company with a lot of Italian guest which we found very ignorant and rude. The food was also leaning towards Italian, otherwise a great experience, the staff were brilliant. 3,700 guest aboard.
Are all 3 sharing one cabin? I have tried to book a single lately with Royal Caribbean and the single supplement was nearly the price for two, I think there is a fundamental problem with the design of their new ships for singles. by the way I am past my prime also.