Health Insurance Medical - Second opinion service

elacsaplau

I see Irish Life offer a second opinion service for its customers.

Has anyone used this service through Irish Life or elsewhere (AVIVA, employer, etc.)?

How useful was it and did a cause a "strain" with the primary care team?

It certainly sounds interesting. No consultant should be worried that a patient seeks a second opinion from a respected consultant.

https://www.irishlifehealth.ie/Iris...fits/international-second-opinion-service.pdf

It is a written opinion based on the physical evaluation by your consultant. It is very specific "The service is available for all medical diagnoses except...where physical evaluation is required"

upload_2019-4-8_12-13-16.png

….No consultant should be worried that a patient seeks a second opinion from a respected consultant.
I'm not sure about this! At a general level, medical negligence concerns for starters.

In this particular case, the sense is that the consultant is probably competent but precious in equal measure and that seeking a second opinion might harm the relationship. The point being that the patient is already stressed due to her diagnosis and doesn't need the agro of additional tension with her primary medical team. That's the reason for her hesitation which I understand.

Back