Medical aids (not medical advice question)

Thirsty

An elderly relative has to use a catheter long term. The bag should be held on the upper leg and hidden by clothing, but it slips down & they find it embarrassing when that happens.

Is there anything I can buy or improvise that might help?

Last edited:
Any chance of using self-adhesive Velcro strips on the bag and on clothing to supplement the ties on the upper leg? I know it'll mean using Velcro on lots of clothes if it works, but it might work in the short-term until a more permanent non-DIY fix is found. Awful situation to be in.

I would go into one of the healthcare shops and enquire, eg, Homecare Medical Supplies. They were of great help to me when my mum was very ill

There is this stretchy gauzy thing (google says it is a leg bag sleeve holder) that goes on like an open toed sock and holds the bag in place on the thigh. My dad had one. Not used at nighttime as there is a different arrangement and leg used changed every day. I am thinking one of those chemists that do appliances will have them in stock.

Also urology clinic nurses are so helpful, give them a call and ask.

Hi Thirsty,
Are in based in Dublin?
Is so call into Irish Ostomy Products, Talbot Street, they carry a large selection of applicants and are very helpful.

Back