Med 1 claims and VHI claims for GP costs

nearly40

If I claim €20 per GP visit off VHI plan B options as in the policy can I claim tax back on the other €40 (gp cost €60). If so since VHI no longer send receipts back, will photocopies of the GP receipts be sufficient for revenue if they ever come looking for them. how long do I have to keep them?
Am I correct in thinking it is 42% of the GP cost I get back (paying higher tax rate).

After making a claim, Quinn Healthcare send a letter detailing the full receipts and the amounts they have paid out. This letter is sufficient to accompany a Med 1 claim as proof of expenses. Do VHI not do similar?

Am I correct in thinking it is 42% of the GP cost I get back (paying higher tax rate).

41% has been the higher tax rate since Jan 2007 - if your expenses were incurred after that, then you would get 41% back.

Also - up to 2007 there was an "excess" of €125/€250 on individual/joint claims for MED1 relief on qualifying medical expenses (less any reimbursement from other sources) but from 2007 onwards this "excess" was abolished. Just in case you are backdating claims.