Meath Location please

Lambchops66

Hi there,

I am posting this on behalf of a friend. They are relocating to Ireland and have never lived in the ROI before. They will be working in Cavan 2 days a week and Dublin city 1 day a week. They are looking to initially rent and then in the longer term purchase somewhere. Initially they need to be near the motorway to commute between Cavan and Dublin.

What springs to my mind is Dunshaughlin, Kells or Trim? I am not familiar with any of them so any suggestions regarding amenities (shops, cafes, restaurants, bars etc) and transport links, housing...and what they are like to live in would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your help.

Realistically they will probably end up wherever they can find accommodation, as it's very scarce everywhere. Will it be feasible for them to commute by bus to Cavan and Dublin? If so, they would be well advised to prioritise locations along the 107/109X bus route.

Hi there,

I am posting this on behalf of a friend. They are relocating to Ireland and have never lived in the ROI before. They will be working in Cavan 2 days a week and Dublin city 1 day a week. They are looking to initially rent and then in the longer term purchase somewhere. Initially they need to be near the motorway to commute between Cavan and Dublin.

What springs to my mind is Dunshaughlin, Kells or Trim? I am not familiar with any of them so any suggestions regarding amenities (shops, cafes, restaurants, bars etc) and transport links, housing...and what they are like to live in would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your help.
Hi,
Dunshaughlin is adjacent to the M3 about 15 minutes from M50 and 1 toll. The M3 goes to Cavan 1 toll. To rent there is not much availability. Lovely village, Costa, Good food Parlour, Plate and palette are all nice eateries. Avoca is 10 minutes away. Some nice pubs. Supervalu, Lidl and Aldi. There are schools primary and secondary schools. Creches (waiting lists). Library. Golf Club. Athletic Club. Gym.
Trim is further away from M3 (25 minutes). Beautiful heritage town. The castle and walks are a bonus. It has schools, shops etc. It is more a rural town.
Kells is another beautiful town. It is adjacent to M3 (5 minutes) it is furthest from Dublin and 2 tolls.

Thanks - sorry I meant to say they will have a car so would drive.
They don't have kids, single, professional.
Yes gym would be a must for them.
Dunshaughlin sounds good? I might drive up to have a look for them.
They are taking my lead on this (somewhat) as Irish so no pressure! ! lol

Would you consider Navan, bigger town and a lot more services, lots of gyms too, one of them is 24 hours.

Back