McAfee Security & problem with Microsoft Outlook

Happy Girl

Have just installed McAfee 2009. I now cannot access my Microsoft Outlook. It keeps telling me "OUTLOOK.EXE has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program. An error log is being created". However when I restart the program it does the same. Can anyone throw any light on this for me. Have uninstalled McAfee and everything works fine again, but reinstall it and same problem arises.

Have you tried uninstalling & reinstalling both?

Cannot locate disks for Outlook. so cannot uninstall & reinstall. But have tried with McAfee. Once I uninstall it, outlook is working perfectly. Once I reinstall problems arises again. McAfee tells me that it is compatible with Outlook 1997 so cannot get to the bottom of it.

Outlook 1997??
Not 2007??
I would say it may not be compatible with McAfee
What OS are you running?

check the Mcafee allowed programs section. Sometimes in this you need to allow access to programs in the Firewall section of McAfee for them to work

I got a new computer some time ago. It has Norton antivirus loaded onto it. Because of Norton, I couldn't open links sent with emails on Windows Mail (formerly Outlook Express). A friend told me there were compatibility issues between the two. I switched to Gmail and never had a problem after that.