mcafee security center keeps telling me my laptop is not protected, how to fix?

kieran160

hi all

just wondering can any one help, my laptop is protected by mcafee but since yesterday the mcafee icon on the bottom right of screen has a little yellow circle in it. it keeps telling me "your computer is not protected". this has never happened before, when i open mcafee it tells me the computer is not protected and it has "fix" beside it, when i press "fix" the mcafee starts scanning but stops after two or three seconds. i have done a full scan from this icon, after a few minutes it asks to restart the computer to update but it still has not fixed the problem

thanks

first off all i would get rid of mcafee off your computer cos its power hungry on the resources it slows down your computer so much even if its new a new laptop.
i have avg on mind just look for it in google its free and they have updates al the time.

download spybolt search and destroy as to check for spy/mail ware

Do you run any other programs such as spyware doctor or similar on your machine? That might cause the problem. Otherwise you could try to uninstall and re-install the program.

hi all

just wondering can any one help, my laptop is protected by mcafee but since yesterday the mcafee icon on the bottom right of screen has a little yellow circle in it. it keeps telling me "your computer is not protected". this has never happened before, when i open mcafee it tells me the computer is not protected and it has "fix" beside it, when i press "fix" the mcafee starts scanning but stops after two or three seconds. i have done a full scan from this icon, after a few minutes it asks to restart the computer to update but it still has not fixed the problem

thanks

What is it telling you is not protected....usually McAfee breaks it down into Files, Network, Firewall categories. Any time that happened to me it was that some file scan hadn't been done in a week or so and it just needed to be ran.

I also got rid of McAfee once my free subscription expired and installed Avast (which is free)

Back