McAfee Anti Virus downloading problem

rollo28

Hi all,

Yesterday I purchased a MacAfee anti virus product and I attempted to download it onto my laptop.

Every time I tried to download it, it said it had already downloaded but it was not appearing on my computer.

I have no idea where the download file is been kept or whether it has downloaded at all in the first place.

I have the free version of AVG 8.5 on the laptop, so could this be affecting it? Will I need to uninstall this in order for the MacAfee to successfully download?

Many thanks for your help,

Rollo28

Make sure that you remove all other anti-virus products before you install a new one.

Downloading something shouldn't really be affected by another piece of antivirus software though.

Check My Documents->Downloads that's sometimes the default place the downloads are put by internet explorer.

If you've already bought it then ring them like truthseeker suggests. However there is a relatively new one called Microsoft Security Essentials which is free and works pretty well.

Cheers

Are you sure you really need McAfee? What will it do for you that AVG or Avast won't do for free?