Mc Donalds' hostess service?

gauloise

As a fairly regular visitor to McDonalds with my own 3 and usually another 3 in tow I have searched in vain for the "hostess" who is going to make my eating experience so much easier.. (according to tv advert) has anyone seen them or been served by them? Perhaps they are restricted to certain locations..if anyone has any experience of them I'd love to hear about it!

i seen one in Longford, Kylemore road and roscrea. Seen and heard the adverts and kept an eye out, so they do exist !!

Thanks Ron! I'll keep an eye out for them in Blanchardstown on next trip but these adds have been going for quite a while and I've never seen one in Blanchardstown, Liffey Valley or Lucan...do they wear a special uniform/hat/badge and do you have to ask for their services or are they just waiting to greet you?

Never thought of that..usually it's a struggle just to get my order taken so will try later this week and see how I get on I guess I was deluding myself in thinking they would see me arrive, take one look at my face and rush to my assistance

I was in McD's myself today. No joy when I asked for a "hostess". Does this only work if you have kids with you?

'Fraid so Clubman! The only host I have come across is in the McD's near Lidl on the Malahide Road. I'm sure if you pop in he'll be delighted to assist you

Ehmm.. What exactly are McDonald's hostesses (and I assume hosts) supposed to do? Do they unwrap your burger for you? hold it while you munch? put ketchup on your fries? pay for the medical bills you will incur after eating the rubbish? what?

tallpaul- I am guessing that you have little expereince with taking kids out. You should try it sometime!

Do you have nieces or nephews? You can try taking them to a nice restaurant and then you will understand (a) why people take kids to places with wipedown tables and no cutlery and (b) why they need a hostess to help them while they are there.

Often, but not to McDonalds...