MBT runners Outersoles

MaryBe

Hi, just thought I would mention an excellent company.
I have MBT's for approx 2 years now and have been wearing them practically every day. My husband noticed on Monday last that the soles were cracked. Someone told me that you could have them resoled for approx 50 euro. I looked up the internet and found the company in Limerick, which stated that they could be returned and resoled for 48 + 7 p/p. I sent them via the post office tracking system for 7.50 euro on Tuesday last at 12:30.

The great news is that I received them on Thursday morning at 11:00 with brand new MBT sensors and outersoles. They look brand new.

It is great to have a company in Ireland that gives such an excellent service. Thought they deserved a mention.

Great to hear something positive Mary.

I have MBT sandals for about 8 years now, I live in them all summer, they've been worn everywhere from work, to rocky mountain hikes, to beaches and they still look brand new. They're by a mile the most comfortable shoe wear I own and I also find I really do get some benefit when I'm wearing them - my posture improves and <medical claims removed by moderator> and i feel like i'm walking on air...

no affiliation whatsoever to the company, just love my MBTs

Got my first pair just after Christmas in Arnotts and I love them. The lady fitting them spend about 3/4 of an hour finding me just the right pair that fitted perfectly even though there were other potential customers waiting behind me.

Full marks to MBT's.

When I was at the Ideal Homes Exhibition in 2009 I bought another pair in white (for the summer). The person selling had a look at the ones I was wearing and told me that I wasn't walking properly as the extreme front and extreme back were badly worn. Apparently it should only be the mid section that wears first. I was taking too long of strides!!

As a matter of interest, how much did ye pay for them, there supposed to be quite dear so I've heard.

My original (black) pair cost 209.00 euro about 2 years ago. I wanted a white pair for the summer and bought them for 160.00 euro in Oct last at the Ideal Homes Exh. The were reduced because they were slow sellers - they do the job for me. I think I would find it hard to take a long walk in ordinary runners now. Yes, they are dear but they last and help your posture and reduce the aches and pains.

Paid €160 in Arnotts just after Christmas, have worn them for a few hours most days since so money well spent imo.

Yes but only when climbing down very steep mountains or hundreds of steps.

I was just curious, there was some negative reports claining that while they benefitted some, others were experiencing tightening of muscles.

I've been wearing MBTs for about 7 years & have never had a problem with them Not sure if they provide all the benefits that they calin but certainly a very comfortable walking shoe.

I've been wearing MBTs on a pretty much daily basis for about six years now - couldn't wear anything else, I have bought the odd pair of 'trendier' runners but find them too flat to walk in and always revert to the old reliables.

I reckon I overwear them though- have had the current pair for two years and with daily use, though they don't appear to be worn down, I can't imagine they are still benefiting me in the same way as they were originally intended, but I just find them comfy - they're too expensive to replace more often!

I've been wearing MBTs for about 7 years & have never had a problem with them Not sure if they provide all the benefits that they calin but certainly a very comfortable walking shoe.

I remember a podiatrist saying that while they can provide certain benefits, they also can affect the lower legs.

If its comfort I want, I wear Ecco shoes.