MBNA Visa card a 30c credit for "VOLCANO DISRUPTION REF".

DaveD

Just noticed on my MBNA Visa card a 30c credit for "VOLCANO DISRUPTION REF". Anybody else have this listed?

I haven't traveled anywhere to warrant a refund for anything and have no idea what its about.

Maybe MBNA just like me these days, they sent me a cheque for €2.79 for an "interest error plus compensation", yet I've never paid any interest to MBNA.

I got €37.77 refunded on my card.

I booked about €800 in BA flights during the flight ban. The flights are for July , but I guess no way for mbna to know that.

I was wondering about this, too.

I've read that MBNA are refunding Foreign Exchange fees for anybody using their cards whilst stranded abroad. I've not travelled anywhere myself but did buy an item from elsewhere in Europe which was in Euros. MBNA's foreign currency fee on my card is 2.99% and when I work that out on the cost of my purchase it's about the same as the amount refunded.

I called them a couple of weeks ago about this - and it's a refund of 'exchange rate' costs/fees you may have incurred from during the volcanic disruption time, so I guess from anything you bought in a non-euro currency/or maybe abroad.

Back