MBNA doing loans now?

S

sherman

Just got a letter from MBNA saying that as a 'preferred customer' (I feel sooo special!) I 'pre-qualify' for a 10k loan at 9.4%.

Am obviously not that special though as they allegedly go down as low as 7.4%. Must be for 'REALLY preferred customers'!

No idea what the banks are charging for personal loans, but would 7.4% be a good deal for someone looking for a loan?

Edited to add that I just checked the Best Buys and it actually is the best rate available. Might be worthwhile for any MBNA customers looking for a loan to give them a shout?

Hi Sherman

Now I'm feeling hard done by - they only offered me €9000 at 9.4% apr and they said I was "one of their best customers"! :)

There are a number of rates - the 7.4% is for approved loans of over €24,000.

Marion :hat

Ah Marion, I wouldn't say that now! You're certainly special to AAM users!!

Don't worry about me being more special - I was rounding up there - I too was offered 'only' 9k. Am however gratified that I share such exalted company as Marion (and every other MBNA customer methinks)!

Well sherman

That lovely comment just made my day! I'm really pleased. Thank you

Marion :hat

i am feeling left out now, as a great customer of MBNA i did not get any money offered to me....maybe my balance is too high

merry christmas to all members
H

No idea what the banks are charging for personal loans, but would 7.4% be a good deal for someone looking for a loan?

You should be able to negotiate 7.4% APR from the main Irish banks.

However, you may prefer not to keep all your eggs in one basket,
i.e. you may prefer to borrow from rather than you bank.

Mind you, I'd be interested to read the T&Cs re any penalties or late payment fees that MBNA might charge... :)

Back