MBNA cards - freezing interest

partnership

Hi
Just wondering if anyone has managed to get their interest frozen on their MBNA cards and how long for. Like everyone else i have a couple of cards owe about €16,000 and am paying min payment every month so now way of paying off. In todays climate it is impossible to get a loan to pay it off so I am looking for an alternative. i am thinking about approaching them to see if they would freeze the interest and accept a certain amount per month - it will prob take about ten years to pay off but at least there would be an end in sight. I understand from various forums I have looked on that MBNA are not great to deal with so am wondering how best to approach them. Any advice appreciated.

I rang MBNA a few months back and was offered a rate cut. I didn't ask for it, they offered it! I don't know about freezing interest, but if you approach them, they may take your case on board. I've never had any problems in dealing with them.

I got a rate cut last year. My big problem is that i can only afford the min payment which means they will never get paid off. If I could take out a loan to pay off I would but I have a couple of loans already so I know i would not get another one. I have read on various forums that people had tried this in Uk not sure how it would work here.