Mazda MX5 - Hard Top / Soft Top

SkippyOD

Hi,
I've searched through the forum here but haven't found the answer to this question.

Can any hard top Mazda MX5 be fitted with a soft top and likewise can any soft top MX5 be fitted with a hard top? Are both models changeable/compatable with the alternative roof?

I am looking at a few models (1999/2000) and would love the option of both but have only seen one example and its not the right spec/colour I was looking for.

Tks

In that case would it be better to get the hard top version and then source a soft top somewhere so that the body colour of car main & hard top is sure to match?

Doubt it matters, the car was only ever sold as a soft top, however you could buy a hardtop cover as an optional extra.

Doubt it matters, the car was only ever sold as a soft top, however you could buy a hardtop cover as an optional extra.

Exactly. They all have a soft top, the hard top is optional.

Thanks guys.

Any idea what a hard top should cost? See some advertising it seperate to the car itself for 500 euro, is that about right? Imagine it would be of no use to the seller when he sells the car so could use that to drive them down a bit.

Think I've made my mind up though, sporting green mazda mx5 will be my mext purchase.