Mazda 6 import from the north

narky

Hi all, I recently did bit of damage to the front of my Citroen C4, the latest in a list of things to go wrong with it so I'm going to sell it on as soon a it's patched up. I see they're going for about €14500 second hand so I might look for €13500 to get a quick sale and be rid of it. There was no chassis damage done so car should hopefully pass any inspection potential buyer puts it under.

I want to change to something ultra reliable that I can drive into the ground for the next 4 or 5 years. I was thinking of an 02 Mazda 6.

Basically I want to subtract cost of fixing the C4 (2 - 3k) from what I get for it and buy something with the balance. Maybe 10 or 11 grand.

I looked on autotrader.co.uk and found a few for around £5 - £6k. adding in estimated VRT (from revenue website) and taking off a bit for negotiation and discount for paying cash this should come out at roughly the right price.

What would your anyones thoughts on this be? Are these too cheap for comfort? Possible bangers? Any other suggestions about what to do with my few quid would also be appreciated. Key word: RELIABILITY!

Octavia TDI 100% reliable,a nice car too!Holding values very well.

Hmmm. Never thought about the legacy. I suppose I'd be concerned previous owner had a white baseball cap perched perilously on the back of his head and a copy of the star in the back pocket of his jeans. Looking on carzone they seem to be a great spec for the price as well. Like I said I don't care that it looks crap. Should I be concerned that they may have had a hard life?

PS: Drive alot for work so mpg important too and I need air conditioning. Overactive sweat glands in backside causes discomfort come summertime sitting in Dublin traffic.

Last edited:
I recently bought a 04 Mazda 6 TS 2.0L 136bph Diesel in England for €14,200 inc VRT( 71K miles on the clock ). I've had it for about 6 weeks and so far I'm delighted with it. It's a lovely drive, quite quick, comfortable and well kitted out ( auto climate control, cruise control, leather trim on steering wheel/gear stick etc..)

Ourfella

Sounds like you did well. I'm thinking of doing something similar as Narky and I too have a Mazda 6 deisel in mind. How did you source your car - did you go to a dealer or buy privately?

That was a good price for the Mazda. I was looking at getting an estate Mazda 6 TS2 spec diesel recently in UK, but opted for a Corolla Verso diesel instead but they are a great car.
You can look through the Official Mazda Used car site

Plenty around and the TS spec is great. The TS2 has the BOSE stereo system which is supposed to be fantastic. I found the light grey interior on them a bit bland so try to get a dark interior.

Mazda Christchurch still has me on their mailing list and they mailed me yesterday to tell me they have a 03 Estate TS2 diesel 36k miles just in. They are based beside Bourenmouth airport (Ryanair), down south.
Use postcode SO19 7LW for anything in the south and WA8 6SX for anything around Liverpool area.