Mazda 6 diagnostic software

daveb

I live in North County Dublin and was wondering if anyone knows of a garage/mechanic who has access to diagnostic software for a Mazda 6.

I have an issue with the passenger airbag light which I feel simply requires a reset and there are very few Mazda dealers in the Northside.

I had the airbag light coming on in my mazda 6 and it was simply because the connection under the seat had loosened.
That was it.

I have a mazda 6 2008 I had to get a driver air bag, plus a driver seat air bag plus an accelerator box as car is drive by wire, also had oil leak in engine somewhere which was also fixed there are only 30000k on car told 300 plus for an air bag hopeing will last 2 more years without expense.warranty not from day air bags were fitted

For anyone who is interested, I was quoted €1200 to have a passenger airbag module replaced. The passenger seat sensor was faulty which apparently can happen for a number of reasons. This meant that none of the airbags would deploy and so a failure on the NCT. I finally tracked down a website called airbagmodul.com who provided me with a chip for €175 which can be installed under the seat. It has resolved the airbag light issue and the company assure me that the airbags will deploy if the car is in an accident.

Back