Mazda 5 MPV

pops

I am thinking about buying the Mazda 5 MPV after hearing numerous reliability problems with the Ford S-Max. Anyone with any experiences of Mazda cars?

Mazda in general are very reliable - the 5 should be no exception.

Check www.honestjohn.co.uk for feedback on Mazda.

Don't know very much about the 5 though except that it's supposed to be reasonably nice to drive (for an MPV) and has that great sliding door thing together with useful interior innovations.

I'd be surprised if the S-Max has "numerous reliability problems" though - and it will be nicer to drive than the 5 I'm sure.

The Mazda 5 will be very reliable as long as you don't buy the diesel. Check out honest john's backroom where you'll see the ongoing threads under mazda 6's on complete failures of engines around 70-80K.

The diesel engine problem might be fixed in later years models, only time will tell.

Had a diesel 5 for 11 months (from new), had nothing but trouble, got rid of it and lost a packet, now have a 03 galaxy Ghia should have got this in the first place lovely car to drive and acres of room, looked at the new C4 and probably would have gotten one but couldnt get the money on the trade in from any of the dealers.

It would be the diesel I would look for and might think twice about it now. The Honda FRV also looks good although the third seat in the front seems a bit strange.

my wife toyed up the idea of the Mazda 5 diesel a year and a half ago and went for a Verso diesel instead. Hasn't looked back. The Mazda looks great and the sliding doors are a great bonus, but the Toyota diesel is superb. Only gripe I have is that it could do with a 6th gear but I hear the newer 2.2D4D's have the 6th gear.

Back