Mazda 323 Suspension problem

mayoman2

Hi,

I have a mazda 323 and I have noticed a sound coming from underneath the front of the car, nearly in the middle of the front axel or slight to the left. This sound happens under the following circumstances:when i either move over uneven(rough) ground or if I was doing 40 n fourth gear and slipped her down in to third where she would over-rev and gives a click sound or if i was turning right and moving up gear, I get the same click sound.

I know this is a bit broard in description but any ideas would be appreciated

The bushings on the suspension maybe worn. They are anti-roll bar bushings. Usually not too expensive, but they can be tricky to fit. I had a 95 323F and had to change the front and back bushings. The mechanic had to drop the front wishbones to fit the front bushings. Not sure if that will be the case with yours. The other thing it could be is a ball joint. This can rattle when the ball joint is opened and driving over rough ground. a ball joint is usually heard over to one side but the noise can travel and could sound like its in the middle. A local mechanic should be able to tell what the problem is and how to sort it.

Back