Mayeston Court, St. Margarets Road.

Forgot 2 things in last post:
1) JAmestown Road will be closed beyween junction with St Margaret's Raod and roundabout at Poppintree until November, so you wont be able to use that road to get to Mayeston Hall, see http://www.aaroadwatch.ie/traffic/story.asp?id=77638

2) Buses for MAyeston HAll - HAs anyone an idea whether Dublin Bus plan to improve the Bus routes serving that side of St Margaret's Road - which would obviously affect Hampton Court aswell. At the moment bus options are either to walk down to Jamestown Road to the 19 Terminus, or the 40 B comes up Margaret's Road as far as Jamestown Road..but with the above road closure this will no longer be possible. And 40B is by far the worst service of all the 40s. So, as far as I can tell, no bus will serve that area in the immediate future. I think the 40C comes up MArgaret's Road, but again I am not sure how far so cannot tell how much of a walk you would have to get to the bus stop.

i tried to register mayeston hall as a separate neighbourhood but it wouldn't let me for some reason! is it under one of the other areas?

i was up there at the weekend- seen the security guard all right but he barely looked up from his paper and never asked me anything so i had a good old snoop around. the place was empty coz the builders are off so got to go up to the apartments as well! houses look great and seem ready to move into!

Mayeston hall has been added to for anyone who is interested in that specific neighbourhood.

i have no connection to this site.

2) Buses for MAyeston HAll - HAs anyone an idea whether Dublin Bus plan to improve the Bus routes serving that side of St Margaret's Road - which would obviously affect Hampton Court aswell. At the moment bus options are either to walk down to Jamestown Road to the 19 Terminus, or the 40 B comes up Margaret's Road as far as Jamestown Road..but with the above road closure this will no longer be possible. And 40B is by far the worst service of all the 40s. So, as far as I can tell, no bus will serve that area in the immediate future. I think the 40C comes up MArgaret's Road, but again I am not sure how far so cannot tell how much of a walk you would have to get to the bus stop.[/quote]

i emailed bus eireann to query this! will post the responce as soon as i get it!

Hi all,

I am interested in apt purchase in Mayeston.

Recently some new apartments in Dublin are timber-framed and there have been many noise issues.
Regarding Mayeston, any noise issues between the apartments? Are they built with concrete?

Thanks

Mayeston is set up on the neighbours.ie site! we have a good few residents in place that could answer your questions regarding noise.

Hope that helps!

Just a word to anyone buying property at the top of St Margaret's Road in Finglas.

I don't know where the particular development under discussion is situated exactly, but when the industrial units were being built on the right hand side of the road on the way up to Finglas Castle (?) pub, there was an issue about inadequate drainage from the site. This is about 5 or 6 years ago from my memory of it, maybe even longer. There was a stream behind a print company (the company might not be still there) that took all the surface water from the site where the units were being built, and there was a planning issue I think because the stream didn't have enough fall to drain the area.

Unless this was resolved, and it must have been if they allowed houses to be built behind it (!!!!!), there would be a flooding issue in this area in heavy downpours.

As I say, this was a long time ago, and I just remember discussion of it in the context of somebody I knew who was buying a unit in the industrial development. Does anyone know if this was resolved?