Mature Student- Need Loan Advice?

D

daveh2476

I would greatly appreciate any loan advice on my current situation. To cut a long story short. Im 27 years of age and plan to go back to college as a mature student. I have applied for a maintenance grant which im hoping to receive. Unfortunately my credit rating isnt great.

I ran up a credit card debt of 1,600 euro which was overdue for a while and eventually i borrowed 2,000 from the credit union to pay it off. I have applied to the aib bank (my bank) for loans in the past two years but have been refused everytime.

Unfortunately i have build up no savings over the summer to pay for college.

To survive weekly in college I need -320 euro. weekly
My partime job will get me 100 euro weekly
Grant 50 euro weekly
----------
-170 euro

The course lasts 20 weeks before i go out on work expierence so i need a loan of around 3,000 euro.

Any ideas where i could get a loan.

I got a loan from my credit union 16 weeks ago of 2,000 which im currently paying back with all payments on time and up to date. Balance is 1,600 euro.

Could i try take out another loan with the credit union. Doesnt the credit union require that you have 25% of the loan saved in your account.

Could anyone give me advise on what i could do,maybe an alternative financial instituation to give me a loan. This is all bearing in mind that i will not have a permanent full time job anymore.

Unfortunately if i cant get 3,000 euro i will not be able to except the course.

Any Help would be greatly appreciated!