maths & english grinds - area midleton, cork.

shootingstar

Hi All.
Can you help with this please? We need to find someone who is available immediately to give maths & english grinds at leaving cert level.

I rang midleton college and they didnt know anyone in the area now do they provide this service.

anyone suggestions would be a great help.

Thanks

*star*

Most schools would be able to put you in touch with some of the regular grind instructors in the area, but it's not a required service so never guaranteed.

Other possibilities (if the web site doesn't work out) are asking other parents in the area (some will have had children do grinds and may have first hand experience), contact teachers directly (either from the school or from a nearby area who teach at another school) [most teachers in the school I went to did give grinds in the evenings, even if they don't when approached they may accept] or looking for members of your family who may be able to help (I've given grinds in Physics, Maths and Tech Graphics more than once to family members [they must have been desperate]).

or looking for members of your family who may be able to help (I've given grinds in Physics, Maths and Tech Graphics more than once to family members [they must have been desperate]).

thats not an option. We`re all a bit tapped in our family ;) well my partner is anyway....

To be honest i rang the school and they were`nt helpful at all. In fact his maths teacher didnt agree with it, she said if he was to get grinds he`ll only bother putting in the effort for the grinds teacher and then think that was enough!!!! God, I cant win.
Ive been browsing the web and heres a guy from carrigaline going to call me back tomorrow so hopefully.....

thanks for help though.... as always much appreciated

*star*

No idea if this is workable or not but have you looked at [broken link removed]. You might find the names of some teachers that do maths in nearby schools. Just a long shot.

Back