Maternity cover????

Belle

Newbie to this site and to the world of pregnancy:D. However I am totally confused as to whether to go private or not. I am thinking of going to Aut even in Kilkenny and was wondering if any you gals have been there?? Could anyone tell me or give me an idea of the costs involved? I am with Hibernian Aviva and have the Teacher's plan. Pleas help as the lingo I've seen on other sites has me totally confused :confused: and I'd like to make my mind up soon.
Thanks a mill in advance.
Belle

Have you the option of community midwives in your area? They are public but excellent, very personal.

No don't think so. What exactly are community midwives by the way??

I think that they are only in Holles Street and the Rotunda but I may be wrong there. Essentially, you attend them for all of your visits and if you come up against any problems you will be transferred to a Consultant. They will deliver ur baby and very often u can go home day of delivey or next day and they will call and visit u at home. It is a really positive experience for mothers and for familys no fees. I just feel that every woman would benefit enormously going this route. Congrats on your pregnancy and good luck with wahtever route u choose. I dont know anything about Kilkenny I am sure your GP could advice you.

Back