Matching in with existing interior paintjob

serotoninsid

I had a damp problem on one wall in corner of living room. Issue sorted so I applied 'Ronseal One Coat Dampseal' - waited four hours and painted over with Dulux Easycare. Now the area that I painted looks nothing like what its supposed to be matching in with - its much darker. I applied with brush ..originally would have been rolled ...but that shouldnt make any difference?
I was using the same paint as originally used.

I can't understand whats gone wrong here. Any ideas anyone?

The Dampseal or dampness may have caused this difference. Its also very hard to match paint that has been applied for any length of time.

The Dampseal or dampness may have caused this difference. Its also very hard to match paint that has been applied for any length of time.
Will a second coat correct this? I understand that it can be difficult to match but this is totally different.

Will a second coat correct this? I understand that it can be difficult to match but this is totally different.

You could try giving it another coat or two as you probably have nothing to lose at this stage but don't forget its probably getting darker by the coat.

BTW make sure you stir the paint well as it will have settled over time.

Why don't you take advantage of the mishap & paint the offending wall a deeply contrasting colour to the other walls? Depending on the existing colour scheme, furnishings etc, having one wall a different colour to the others can be extremely effective in terms of decor. It can be extremely difficult to match an existing shade exactly, even using the same paint. Factors such as the length of time since the original paint job, whether or not there's an open fire in the room, whether you or your family are smokers etc can all affect the degree to which a new paint job will match.

Its only there 18 months - and theres never been a fire lit in the room and no one smoking. I really wasnt planning on making the job any bigger.
Will see how the second coat goes and take it from there.