Matagorda recommendations

Lane7

Heading off to Lanzarote this weekend and staying in Sol Aparthotel Matagorda. Does anybody have any recommendations on what to do, where to go, restaurants to eat in, pubs etc? We're in our 40s so not into anything too mad! Thanks

We're in our 40s so not into anything too mad!

You'll be in the right place then - Matagorda is definitely the quiet end of PDC. There are plenty of restaurants around though, just not wall to wall with nite clubs and people trying to entice you in. It's pretty laid back. The beach at this end should be fairly quiet too.

No specific recommendations, sorry.

Head towards PDC though to check stuff out - there is probably very little in the other direction. Although in fairness it has been 10 years since we went so no doubt it's more built up pretty much everywhere.

In fact with that in mind, on second thoughts maybe better to ignore everything I've just said

Matagorda is fantastic. It’s quiet compared to PDC but has a few nice restaurants. Go for a walk along the promenade which brings you to the start of Los Pocillos.

If you like to walk then an evening stroll into PDC is a way to work up an appetite, or you can get a taxi which will cost about €5.

All in all I would rather Matagorda. The sand is darker then PDC and Los Pocillos and the planes coming in over head can get boring but it’s away from the hustle and bustle of PDC.

Oh and check out the promenade which brings you down to the airport perimeter fence, you can stand in front of the runway as the planes come in to land.

My restaurant recommendation is Sirocco. Enjoy and let us know how you get on.

Last edited:
There is a new restaurant i think called Jazz behind in the Center beside one of the supermarkets. Its top class.
Also if you take a taxi up to the town of Tias in the wine region. There are 3 excellent restaurants. Its about 15 mins from Metagorda.