Mastercard 3D secure (Securecode)

Cash-Money

Hi all,

I'm having awful trouble at the moment with the Mastercard securecode process and an online vendor. I've a mastercard with MBNA and each time I try to complete the purchase the vendor site tells me that it's blocked and that the transaction cant continue (I entered some details wrong before, so fair enough)

Problem is that I've called MBNA and they tell me that they cant see it blocked on their side. I've tried to find an online site where I can test it out (like buying something for a fiver to test) but cant find one. I cant seem too find anywhere online where I can log in and change the password or unblock it.

Anyone know anything about the process? Is there something specific I can ask MBNA to do (they said they dont manage it)? Are there any merchants online where I can test out the process and only cost me a fiver or so?

I wouldn't know where to test it, but it does sound like the problem could be with the merchant or gateway (eg Realex). From a customer service sojourn of view, I would have thought the vendor would have an interest in confirming that with their relevant partner.

Cheers - will give them a call this morning. There isnt a single place online to manage this securecode feature.

If anyone can think of a place that uses securecode so i can test it'd be much appreciated - I've spend some cash on wowhd.com already because i've heard they used it but it dint show for me

I had a similar problem when I tried to buy something on an Irish site with a UK IP address. The company declined the transaction based on the UK ip address.

You might be failing some test that the seller has to prevent fraud.