Mask/Measc Avenue, Artane D5

F

fvkeiko

I'm looking for advice on Mask Avenue in Artane. The asking prices in the area seem very modest so I'm wondering if it's a problem area or simply not in demand. Looks close enough to Harmonstown dart station also - does anyone know the area and how safe it would be say at night or walking back from station on dark winter evenings?
Also, are there decent amenities close by?
Any advice much appreciated, thanks

Hi Fvkeiko,
We bought on mask avenue 4 years ago this sept... (just near the high point). It is a very quiet street. There is a real mix of ages on the road - but a lot of the houses that come up are executor sale - so a lot of them need work (ours was a 1970's relic !!). I think prices are taking a hit everywhere. The families on the road that we have encountered are lovely...
Safety wise - we have never had a problem; my husband walks to killester station which is a 15 min walk away.
Amenity wise - the bus corridor into town is great; 15 mins and your there. There is a spar, great chippers, chinese, and off license within a couple mins walk. We also are using a local creche which is lovely. The tesco in artane is a 5 min drive. Recreation wise - St Annes Park is a 20 min walk away (its a great park) and dollymount strand is at the other side of it.... The goblet Pub is supposed to be ok; but with the bus service so good, we tend to go into town if we are going out.
Its a very handy little area...

Very quiet area, good transport links.

Prices are lower than elsewhere in the area due to a lot of the houses being old and in need of some work and because they are ex-corporation, so a little on the small side. As far as I'm aware, there are very few, if any still in local authority ownership - houses are 50-60 years old (1950s) and most were bought out decades ago.

does anyone know the area and how safe it would be say at night or walking back from station on dark winter evenings?

I have family in the area and its safe for women and elderly to walk after dark. No issues with anti-social behaviour.