Mary O Rourke being prompted on the radio

woods

Mary is on the telephone to Marion Finucan and when she was asked a question I clearly heard a man's voice whisper the words "if you are entitled". She then started her answer with those words.
I am disappointed that she needs coaching to this extent and that she can not come on the radio and say what she feels.

I have to say that I admire the ability of politicians to answer such a variety of questions on so many topics.

I don't resent them getting help.

If she was being totally honest, she should have said "I'm being prompted to say 'if you are entitled' ". No doubt she will blame the prompter if the prompt is wrong ....... while if the prompt is right she will smugly take the kudos.

I think that what seemed odd to me was that you got the impression that she was at home on Sunday morning and gave up a little of her time to have a cosy chat with the nation and then you realise that the political machine is working away in the background.

I have to say that I admire the ability of politicians to answer such a variety of questions on so many topics.

I don't resent them getting help.

I resent them when they get the questions in advance, sure isn't it easy to formulate your answer once you know the question.

Have just heard it on the rerun tonight, and she sounded like she was along a busy road as passing cars could clearly be heard.

That prompt sounded strange - I heard the whisper alright, but it seemed very loud. Mary started to speak a nano second after the whisper began, she actually spoke over it, as if she hadn't heard it.

I like her, apart from her very poor showing on celebrity bainisteoir. She's like a pro boxer who keeps coming back for more, whether they want her or not.

She's also approaching the "couldnt give a ****" age so she gets to speak her mind more and I find her more refreshing than those who are obviously petrified of saying the wrong thing (not that I blame 'em)