Mary Lou McDonald.....

bamboozle

was treated to her esteemed wisdom on the radio this morning, she was bemoaning the EU claiming the loss of 'hundreds of billions of euro' when we sold off our fishing rights...

when given the opportunity to correct herself she said they were the correct figures,

just goes to show she's sticking to the sinn fein 'back of a cigarette box' calculations....or else we're paying far below cost for our fish!

was treated to her esteemed wisdom on the radio this morning, she was bemoaning the EU claiming the loss of 'hundreds of billions of euro' when we sold off our fishing rights...

when given the opportunity to correct herself she said they were the correct figures,

just goes to show she's sticking to the sinn fein 'back of a cigarette box' calculations....or else we're paying far below cost for our fish!

Just as Gerry Adams claimed at the last election that our taxes were high because the Government had given away the Corrib gas to Shell.

Yes I heard her interview. Was the ususal case of not letting the facts get in the way of presentation.

Young and female and no "previous".

Can't help thinking that's the only reason she was ever put forward.
She reminds me of the weak link in a school debating team or something.

Yes, but is she any different than the rest of their elected representatives or the party in general?

I think it was made quite clear in the last election campaign that they (SF) haven't a clue when it came to anything 'fiscal'.

In a way I almost feel sorry for them, they'll do fine 'up north' but they lack any sort of sophistication to prosper 'down south'. Yes, they'll get (some) working class votes, but not in the numbers they thought they were guaranteed...

Did you seriously expect more?

At least we were spared Cathal MacCoille's nasal wheeze this morning. His interview with David O'Sullivan of the European Commission the other morning was very distracting!!

At least we were spared Cathal MacCoille's nasal wheeze this morning. His interview with David O'Sullivan of the European Commission the other morning was very distracting!!
:D
Yeah, I noticed that, it sounded like he was nodding off into the microphone

she was very on the" lisbon treaty" debate though...really held her ground against the big guns!

The thing is, she is not trying to appeal to anyone on this site (i.e. someone with a brain) she is simply trying to get the votes of the people with lesser intellect who generally tend to vote Sinn Fein, especially down south.

Don't support SF and don't personally have any time for Mary Lou, but I do think it was crazy to give up our fishing rights. Lots of employment and exports annd it would be nice to not have to pay such a high price for fish!

What difference does it make though? Fishing rights to the skinheads and corner boys ( shinner core voter ) means the right to buy fish with the dole on a Friday. To the rest of us we know she's talking bull manure as usual.

The thing is, she is not trying to appeal to anyone on this site (i.e. someone with a brain) she is simply trying to get the votes of the people with lesser intellect who generally tend to vote Sinn Fein, especially down south.

Indeed, its just a pity that RTE, the Irish Times and the other left-leaning sections of our media would not take this into account when interviewing Sinn Fein people and challenge them when they come up with this sort of guff. They wouldn't take it from the likes of Michael Ring or Noel O'Flynn.

Don't support SF and don't personally have any time for Mary Lou, but I do think it was crazy to give up our fishing rights. Lots of employment and exports annd it would be nice to not have to pay such a high price for fish!
I think the logic behind this in the 1970s was that we threw away our fishing industry in a tradeoff to secure the future of our farming industry. History will decide whether this was a good idea or not, but it is a shame that we have no decent fishing industry now.

as appossed to those of a much higher intellect who vote fianna fail:confused:

Mary Lou got her chance to shine when she was elected to the European parliament, but she made little or no contribution to that body. She epitomises the term "waste of space", so in theory she should be turfed out this time.
However she will probably get elected again on a wave of anti-government feeling, to spend another term doing SFA in Brussels.

What difference does it make though? Fishing rights to the skinheads and corner boys ( shinner core voter ) means the right to buy fish with the dole on a Friday. To the rest of us we know she's talking bull manure as usual.
Hardly constructive to dismiss all SF voters as some sort of subhumans is it? :rolleyes:

Wow, that a really intellectual comment!:rolleyes:

Back