Mary Hanafin and the greens

If they really had the country's interests at heart, they would have called an election a couple of months ago when the '4-year' plan was demanded by the EU. At least the new government would be around to implement it.

we are where we are!!! So no point looking back to a couple of months ago.
What the Greens and 2 gombeen independent TD's did yesterday was national hari-kari for their own self preservation

Completely unacceptable behaviour.He earns enough money to have a child minder on stand by.
Both he and his wife have an income!
It could have been a dangerous issue,in that eggs etc are being thrown at cars etc.
It must be a health and safety issue also, whose in charge of H and S in there?

I have has some personal experience with her as minister for enterprise. On one occasion, in front of an international audience, was utterly useless and embarrassing to the extent that German and Swiss guests at the event were looking at each other aghast and in some cases laughing at her.

She is utterly and completely out of her depth.

You got the right Mary there Purple? Has Hanafin been MoE? She's one of the few Ministers they've tended to keep within her competence and she's always come across ok to me.

Maybe you should re-read what the Greens did yesterday....they're not looking for an immediate election they are looking for all-party agreement on the Budget and then an election to be called in January after the Budget and some attendant Finance Bill measures are passed.

I think an agreed Budget is in the National Interest and having an end-date set for the Government does actually make sense. Of course, Cowen in his statement is seeking to drag the process out much longer until the Finance Bill has been passed so it will not be until March when we have an election. The man couldn't even spell national interest!

That was Cocko. Identifiable both in terms of her portfolio and behaviour - not an isolated incident by any means and, tbh, a mild example.

As Shawady said, it sound like you are talking about Coughlan? I am not sure you could confuse the two, one speaks english and the other.....

You got the right Mary there Purple? Has Hanafin been MoE? She's one of the few Ministers they've tended to keep within her competence and she's always come across ok to me.

Yea, just realised that. I take it back; Hanafin isn't the worst by any means.

Yea, just realised that. I take it back; Hanafin isn't the worst by any means.

I don't take what I said back. Mary Hanifin drives me nuts when she is silent but nearly over the edge once she opens her mouth. I also agree that Coughlin is useless, the whole birds of a feather flock together is so true.