Marvin Windows

C

crowe.brenda

I'm about to spend a good few bob on Aluclad Windows. Marvin were mentioned to me by my builder and I need to know if they are worth investigating. Also heard that Rationel Windows were good. Would like to hear how good these windows stand up to the elements and how good they are in regard to heat loss. Would also like to know if there are any other companies that are worth looking at.

Hi Brenda,
Going through the same process myself, thought Rational had a lot of knots in their frames, so ruled them out. Marvin, as the many threads on this topic both here and over on boards.ie will tell you are good but pricey. I will be getting quotes from Nordan and Inles. Isothermal is also an option, but personally I found the yellowish stain on their wood a bit offputting.
Best of luck,
d2ww

Hi,

I got sunroom done 3 years ago and used Marvin - at the time they were one of the few doing aluclad. Now if I was doing same I wouldn't necessarily go for marvin there are plenty of other better products out there for a lot less money than Marvin - I personally found customer service terrible at that time. Some of the names mentioned in the previous post are worth a try also try www.ecoglaze.ie they do austrian windows which are lovely chunky windows. The main thing rather than looks is the u-value - the lower the better and of course argon filled and low-e coating.

Best of luck in your decision

Angela59

We installed Marvin windows over 6 years ago. The house is on the coast in a very exposed setting. The windows have to withstand some fairly severe weather and salt from seaspray. We have never had any problem with the windows which look as good now as they did when installed.

dont have the time, but do a search here as there are alot of suppliers doing alucad windows. We went with www.homepro.at in the end and are happy with them.

S.

Ive went with Windeco for our aluclad windows after a lot of researching etc, they represent Albo
http://www.albo.co.uk/ , There high quality with a very good u value.

They will be fitted next week - Looking forward to it

We just recently got our ones installed and went with [broken link removed]. There is a german guy in Killarney who is the irish agent. We found them excellent and we had done a good bit of research. Only managed to get a quote from Marvin after alot of chasing up so that was enough to put us off.

we installed Marvin, they are beautiful (IMHO) and the mechanisms are smooth. With regard to the heat loss, we have two sets of large sliding doors next to each other, the room stays lovely and cool even when the sun is shining directly on it (south facing room) and seem to retain the warmth in cold weather.

I have to agree with previous posters in that the customer service was not up to scratch, even before you factor in how much they cost (ie. I would have expected an outstanding level) and we were left chasing on a couple of issues, which were eventually resolved. A negative factor is that the windows have to come from the states and so inevitably this causes delays.

I would buy again.

We used Dalgan in Shrule, Co.Galway / Mayo borders. Do a fantastic range of products and our property is in the windiest, wettest part of the coutry eside a lake and the windows are as good now as they were when we purchased about seven years ago.

One thing that we found was with Marvin that they focussed on their own standard sizes which equated to inch measurements used in the US. Their advice was to make sure that our opes were built to match their standard sizes to avoid having to pay more for 'custom' windows. They were pricey enough for the standard sizes too.

All others quoted us based on the house measurements (mm) and the ones we went with were able to provide the windows built to the measurements of the actual opes.

That said, Marvin have beautiful windows, nice mechanisms and they do sash windows in alu-clad wood too.

We went with tilt-and-turn Internorm windows from Ecoglaze (alu-clad spruce with high density foam in the void area of the aluminium). I like them a lot, but I would say that, having shelled out for them

I have Marvin windows and they look great and I've got a lot of compliments about them. I'm sure they perform as well as most windows in their league. I found customer service very good. But I think they are quite expensive - I wouldn't invest so much in windows again.

Hi,
I had alu clad windows fitted recently. The suppliers are based in Wexford and I found the two guys TJ and Neil very good to deal with. The price was very competitive and they had far better U value than most other companies. They supply Austrian windows in all RAL colours and lots of different timber options. I am very happy with the windows and have recommended them to friends who ordered their windows with them also. Their website is [broken link removed]

Hi Erinlass, in accordance with the posting guidelines, could you confirm whether you have any association with the above company other than being a satisfied customer?
Leo