Marseilles airport. Ryanair V Aer Lingus.

Grizzly

Is the airport that Ryanair fly to in Marseilles the same same airport as Aer Lingus flies to. One is MRS and the other is MP2.

I am trying to get to Nimes. Do I have to go from the airport by bus/train to Marseille central or is there another way. I will be using public transport.

Same airport (Code MRS), different terminal. MP2 is specifically geared towards budget airlines. There is a bus from the main airport terminal to the centre of Marseille (not sure about inter-terminal transfers). Not sure about how to get to Nimes from there, but if you were willing to take two Ryanair flights and risk the transfer (first to Liverpool or Luton) they fly to Nimes from there.

Thanks. I am not sure about a direct service from Marseille Airport to Nimes. The SNCF site suggests there is one change but doesn't elaborate so I don't know where the change takes place. It may be that you have to go in to the main station in Marseille from the airport and then back again.

Looking at the SNCF website I can definitely see direct trains from the airport to Nimes on Wednesday June 4th (06:18, 07:36, 12:09, 16:31 , 17:47, 18:35). Other than that it is making connections and those appear to be either Via Arles, Avignon or Marseille or even Aix-en-Provence. When you search on SNCF they will give the connection details if you scroll down. You can also browse it in English if that makes it easier for you ([broken link removed])

Last edited:

Well I did actually go to the bother of checking on the DBahn website before posting and it gave the airport as a station and direct services to Nimes. The SNCF site is usually a nightmare I've found as they're sometimes not great on regional services, that's why I suggested using the DBahn site.

If you actually input details into the DBahn site it will show direct services.

Definitely agree that the SNCF website is not novice-friendly I have gotten used to its quirks.

Thank you both for the trouble you went to, to get that information. I am not great with train journey sites and thanks for suggesting the DBahn site. I will use this in future.
I see that you can avail of a discount if you are 60+ years. Is it just a question of producing your passport when purchasing a ticket at a station to avail of this or is it for French nationals only?