Mars payment issues

Dduddy

I received letters from Mars re their takeover of my Start mortgage.
I tried to call them to make payment several times Thursday but was on hold for over 20 mins eachtime even though recorded message said no-one else was waiting.
Tried their online portal.....account number not recognised even tough inputted as shown on their letters.
Finally tried an internet banking payment to their IE Barclays account....funds returned as bank said recipient bank declined.

I sent an email marked urgent to them on Thursday recounting all this asking for assistance.

Anybody else have similar issues?

You can try sending a check which might be a guaranteed way to ensure your payment is received. remember to double-check the mailing address provided by Mars Capital, it will be slow, yes, but now they are at fault if they don't look through the mail and check for your check

Does anyone use cheques these days?

In any event, my advice when dealing with these VFs is to do everything in writing.

Type, print and post a letter.

No I don't get a chequebook with my AIB account.
I will update the thread when or if I receive a reply from Mars

Update, Mars just rang me.....wanted me to tell them my personal info over the phone to "clear security" I said I wouldn't give that information to an unverified caller.
They told me they couldn't email me and not could they issue a letter in response and told me to call them again. I said I'd tried multiple times to no avail.
I asked them to send me a letter again with the correct details and an opening statement of account. They said they couldn't do that at this time.
So it's no closer to being resolved.

wanted me to tell them my personal info over the phone to "clear security" I said I wouldn't give that information to an unverified caller.

As it was about your mortgage, it should not have been a problem. Clearly you would not give your pin or credit card details.

Brendan

I agree with the OP here - dont do anything on the phone.

A Financial organisation saying they can't send a statement is the height of nonsense. Like Lidl saying they can't sell bananas!

@Brendan Burgess - social engineering scams can be very sophisticated, I would not volunteer any info on a call I did not initiate.

social engineering scams can be very sophisticated, I would not volunteer any info on a call I did not initiate.

It is right to be careful but don't overdo it.

If you ask for a call back
And they call you back
And they ask you for information which a scammer can't use

I think you are safe enough.

If you don't ask for a call back
And you get a call out of the blue
And they ask you to input your PIN

Then you hang up.

Brendan

information which a scammer can't use
Regretably, there is no info a scammer can't use.

Horses for courses, but my advice is always to initiate any call where info is required of you.

When it comes to these VFs (who couldn't organise a 'party' in a brewery in my opinion); stick with the written format, the turnover of staff & general chaos is pretty high. Better to have a document trail.