Marriage Counselling

onekeano

A friend of mine is going through a difficult period. Herself and her husband are getting counselling but she feels that the religious undertones from the counsellor are not helpful. The service is provided by Accord (Catholic Church) so I suppose it's somewhat inevitable that there would be a religious aspect.

I was wondering if anyone had used an alternative counselling person / body that they would recommend. Both parties seem determined to repair any damage but are finding this religious aspect somewhat offputting.

Any help advice would be much appreciated.

Roy

hey roy

im a student of counselling and psychotherapy the best place i would look is the iacp [broken link removed] which is the iacp
they will have a list of accredicted counsellors and they shouldnt be religous either
hope this helps

good luck

gemma

would recommend mrcs as am using them myself. unfortunately it hasn't worked out for me but i found the counselling very useful, hope things work out for your friend.

Thank you all very much for the help - I'll pass it on and I know it'll be much appreciated.

Roy

Hi Roy....

Myself and Mrs d2 used Accord years ago and I asked them to lay off the religous undertones and they did......Might be worth a go as having to start all over again with someone new can be difficult !

r2d2

i used an excellent counsellor after relationship breakup some years ago he's based on south side of Dublin but its a personal preference but if its any help i can dig out his number from some where.

Thanks Raindog, I've passed the other feedback onto my friend and if she asks I'll maybe PM you for that number....................

Roy