Marlay View Apartments - short cut to Luas

Ria45

Hi there

Looking at buying an apartment in Marlay View Ballinteer, but don't know the area very well (from Bray!) and wondering if anyone knows if there is a short cut which brings you to the Luas stop ? google maps saying 30 mins via main roads.

Also any other pros or cons of living in the area very welcome, I'm thinking I like the area, its proximity to Dundrum, Superquinn, Loca Pub and Marlay park.

Thanks

Ria

Luas station is at Dundrum Shopping Centre so about 2.5 km (5 minutes in car off peak).

google maps saying 30 mins via main roads.

That is incorrect.

Your nearest stop, walking or driving, is Balally. It's a 5 min drive (10 min peak) to park and ride at the Rockfield Centre (underground parking at Balally), or around 25-27 minutes of a walk from Marlay View.

On an aside, if you are viewing one of those apartments, open the patio door and see if you can hear the traffic on the M50, or nearby slip road. It is possible the background noise could be quite loud.

Also any other pros or cons of living in the area very welcome, I'm thinking I like the area, its proximity to Dundrum, Superquinn, Loca Pub and Marlay park.

It's also a small, expensive apartment deep in the suburbs, surrounded by main roads and without great public transport access - do you really want to have to drive or walk 30 min to the luas?

You could buy a bigger house for the same price much closer to the city centre, or stay in Bray for cheaper, with many of the same facilities.

Thanks for all the tips, going to view to-morrow evening and will bear all advice in mind.

Cheers

Ria

I would say 30mins is about right. Don't know of a short cut but don't walk along there.

Nice area to live in-close to town, close to countryside.

Back