Marlay Park...when it rains?

Squonk

Hello...I'm thinking of going to the Peter Gabriel / Crowded House concert in Marlay Park on Friday. Because I'm of that age group that hasn't been to an outdoor concert in ~ 20 years, I'm wondering what Marlay Park will be like if it rains? (The forecast is dodgy enough) Does it turn into a mudfest?

Ah, a fellow Genesis fan. Sorry I don't know about Marlay park as I am in the same situation, but does anyone know if there will be tickets at the gate in case the weather holds off?

This is what's on the Ticketmaster website (assuming there's still tickets available):

Box Office Hours:
The Box Office will be open as soon as the gates to the Marley Park open.

Box Office Collection Accepted:
Credit Card collections may be collected from the temporary Ticketmaster Box Office on the day of the event only, please take the credit card and Ticketmaster reference number as proof of purchase.

I would wear very sturdy shoes to Marley Park at the moment. The ground
is not particularly muddy, or prone to flooding, about average for the east of Ireland, but it would
be muddy enough by now.

If is rains you will get wet; there is no cover.
Just don't make too much of a mess as I will be over there on Saturday with the kids, as usual
If anyone wants to park their car across the road I can sell them a residents parking permit

Bring rain gear! There isn't any shelter. Also there is no problem bringing fold up chairs to sit on if you want to.

Aha, more Gabriel/Genesis fans!

Said on Today FM yesterday there were still a few tix left.

Any of you going to any of the Genesis gigs?

I splashed out and bought the tickets. Need to get my wet-suit ready.
Gates open at 6pm.....any idea what time the music starts?

Tell me more, Jock - did not hear of any.

Mark

None in Ireland unfortunately.

Nearest are Old Trafford & twickenham 7th & 8th July respectively.
I'm off to Frankfurt to see them on the 5th.
As usual, a pretty amazing visual show.
If you're after tickets, I'll try to help. Meanwhile, here's the stage.

If it rains you will not be allowed to bring in a large umbrella. They confiscate them on the way in (there is a pile of umbrellas on the way out and people just take them) so bring rain gear. Same for a chair/seat you may wish to bring in, they are taken on the way in.

Do they definately confiscate chairs? I was planning to bring one. An earlier poster indicated that chairs are allowed.

From [broken link removed]

was at a concert there a few years ago, i remember lots of rain but no mud.

Last concert I was at there they sold inflatable chairs like this...
They may be allowable depending on the definition of 'fold up'...

I have been a few times and some people definitely had fold up seats (tbh not many but some). Perhaps they had obtained permission before the gigs or they have now changed their policy but if you want/need a seat I can't see how they can refuse you.