Marlay Court Rathfarnham

B

BG27

Just wondering if anyone has any information about the Marlay Court area of Rathfarnham. Looks like a nice enough area and I've visited it in the evening and it seemed ok. Just wanted to see if there was anything to watch out for.

Thanks!

i lived in this estate about 15 years ago, and nearby grange downs, up to ten years ago lovely part of dublin, i know this is out of date but you had not any other replies so i decided to put in my ten cents worth in case it was any use

hi I live in the area and it's lovely no anti social behaviour that I am aware of and rathfarnham is a lovely place to live!

I live in the area as well and have no problems. Marlay Park is an excellent resource, the M50 is 5 minutes away, buses are good and Dundrum and Nutgrove shopping centres are 5-10 minutes away.

I live in an adjacent estate - from my experience there is a small element of anti social behavior around the area - lots of young people living around so you get the usual:

- groups (smallish) hanging about - particularly some of the green areas
- I often notice Dutch Gold cans lying about after weekend etc
- the odd bit of noise late on a Saturday night ( people coming home drunk)

Overall I'd say its all pretty minor but depending on your level of tolerance can be bit annoying all the same - just to reiterate I am talking minor level stuff but its there all the same as it is in lots of similar areas

Overall I would be very positive as other posters above - Marlay Park, shops, tranport etc traffic has generally got better over the years

Back