marino conservation area, extensions?

moneygrower

I see on Dublin City Council's website that Marino is to become a conservation area. What are the practical implications of that? Will it mean that off street parking and extensions will be more difficult to get planning permission for?

Hi Moneygrower,

Sorry - I am not able to answer your question, but I am interested in knowing this info too. Just wondering if you have received an answer since from any other source?

Thanks

No. I could ring the council and see if I'd get anything out of them if was feeling strong of mind and spirit. A google didn't yield anything. Actually maybe on board pleannala are the people to talk to.

I live in Marino and the conservation area means that development is limited to individual properties. So developers cannot buy a couple of houses, knock them down and build twenty apartments.

People can still build extensions etc.....

Hi,

I live in Abbeyfield, Killester which is also zoned a conservation area. I got permission to build an 800sq foot extension no problem. Drive way entrances should be no problem either - it's not as if the houses are protected structures.

If you search, by map, on the Dublin city website in Abbeyfield (since 2005) when it was rezoned a conservation area or since whenever Marino was rezoned, you'll get an idea of what is permissible. In practice most things that would be permissible in a normally zoned residential area are permissible in a conservation area. Good luck.

Thanks Ronan, I've used the dublin planning maps to get an accurate location on the house as the location on myhome is often the wrong house. (I'd be looking for the aspect of the garden), so I'll check that out.

Hi Moneygrower,

Just wondering where can I get access to these Dublin planning maps? Are these maps available online?

Thanks

here ya go
[broken link removed]
it's a bit creaky but you can usually get the street you want (eventually!)