marbella - spain

It's lovely. Long promenade to walk all the way to Puerto Banus. Dotted with restaurants with Menu del Dia from circa €9. We get bus from Malaga airport and walk down from bus station. Good local buses. Sit near marina and enjoy evening sun with jug of sangria for about €12. Good supermarkets if staying self catering. Old town nice and nearby weekly market.

best time for sun, april until september, it cannot be relied upon outside these periods. last winter there was practically no rain but that was unusual.

Generally what wd weather be like during feb mid term. Would there be a bit of life around the place at that time or would most restaurants/cafes/etc hace cloded down for this period.

plenty of restaurants/bars open , february weather , temp varies between 16 to 21 c. there is on average 5 to 6 days when it has rain , sometimes only showers. it can get breezy and can feel cool at night after the daytime temp, so at bring a cardigan/jumper and a small umbrella that fits in a handbag and you will be ok.

There is a big difference regarding weather from the start of February to the end of February. Obviously, you can be lucky or unlucky.

February, if you are unlucky:- You may have little or no sunshine and is cold nearly 24 hours a day. Night temperatures are every bit as cold as Ireland.

February, if yo are lucky:- With sunshine the daytime will be warm and you can wear shorts and tee shirts. From 4.00pm the temperatures drop and it gets colder as the night progresses. You will need warm clothes e.g overcoat if you are going out walking and a duvet or blankets where you sleep.

This is the same for all of the south of Spain. If you want sunshine I would recommend you visit Spain from mid March.

just back from marbella been there 2 weeks,, sunshine everyday temp between 20 to 24 cel i must have been very lucky.

Thanks. We rented an apartment just behind the SKOL apartments a couple of years ago. I think that it was in a block called Apollo.
With the crash in house and apartment prices in Spain at the moment we thought that a one bedroomed bolthole might be purchased cheaply. Have you any idea as to the prices for these?
I have travelled quite a bit to various resorts and I have found Marbella to have something nice.

here are a few estate agency sites,,, kyero.com---- youviva.com---- garratthomes.com. the front end of marbella is nice (the area where you stayed) as one moves towards the old town its not so nice. there are very nice areas just outside of marbella itself, places like nueva andelucia and elviera. there are also very nice areas near but not in main tourist resorts like, torremolinos- benalmadena- and fuengirola . to name a few el pinillo and la colina which are near torremolinos but a nice distance from it. all of these places are on the train line which runs from malaga city centre to fuengirola , and it runs through the airport the train station is a 3 min walk to the airport door. the fare at the moment from the airport to fuengirola is approx 2 euro. if one wants to get to marbella from the airport there is a non stop bus i think the fare is about 7 euro one way. the good thing about buying a property on the train line is if one wants to visit any of the popular resorts its only a short train journey. if you are thinking of buying a property , add about 10% to the price to cover legal fees taxes etc and you will be covered. prices are falling at the moment but they dont seem to be falling as fast on the first frontline (facing the sea) also remember when buying to check out the community fees /local taxes etc as estate agencies wont tell you, unless you ask.