Marbella in August

Slash

Thinking of a week in Marbella in August. Anyone got any good advice?

Firts of all, will it be very hot in August? (If so, wife won't like it.)

Looking for a hotel (probably 4 star) with large outdoor pool and near the beach.

Any suggestions welcome. Thanks.

It is usually very hot there in August - better for your missus if you can leave it until September imo. Google for hotels but my experience is that August is probably the busiest month of the year there and you might find it difficult to find what you are after.

Hi Slash,

the weather in Aug will be similar to July - so check what the weather is like today, and expect something similar. It will be hot - about 35 degrees, and humid aswell. If your wife doesnt like the heat, it would be much more pleasant for her in sep.
Also in Sep, there will be less tourists in the restaurants etc, and the whole area less busy in general.

Having said that, Marbella is nice, with an old town with has loads of lovely outdoor restaurants and plenty of attractions nearby, so though I cant recommend a hotel, would recommend the destination.

I went to a lovely hotel there, Westin la Quinta, http://www.westinlaquinta.com , 4-5 starts (paid employee rate as I worked for their reservations call centre), lovely golf club, swimming pool, etc etc...It was june, and weather was just right! It's not close enough to marbella though, 5-10 mins by car.....
I wouldn't recommend Marbella as a destination in August, as it's the time when most of the Spanish will be on hols, and Marbella can be a bit crowded with some in-famous around, press, etc etc.
Also, weather can be a bit to much, today it's not too hot there, but temperatures can reach up to 35-40 easily!

Thank you all for your suggestions and information. It looks like Marbella will be too hot for us in August.

Has anyone any alternative suggestions? We are looking for a relaxing week, within a few hours' travelling time from Dublin. Is the Algarve very warm in August? I would have thought the Atlantic breeze might help to keep it cooler - does this make sense?

Why not try France instead?
The Cote D'Azur can be quite hot too, but perhaps some place in the hills would suit better? Annecy is lovely.
Depends what you're looking for and what you like to do on holiday.

Well, in spite of the heat and crowds, we have decided to go to Marbella for a week in August anyway.

If anyone has any recommendations for restaurants or anything else, we would appreciate them as we have never been there before.