Maradona dead

The man died a day ago.

It is just basic human decency to afford some time to focus on his great achievements rather than pick on the flaws of his character.
Absolutely. Albert Einstein may have had a very flawed character, I don't know and don't care. But what he contributed to theoretical physics will be remembered and celebrated forever.

Last edited:
In all the predictably cloying commentary on is death not a mention of his penchant for prodigious amounts of cocaine..No idea why Irish media does this.
The man was an absolute genius who brought joy to millions.
His cocaine and alcohol addictions were sad to see and undoubtedly contributed to his early death but at this juncture I for one will dwell on his joyful inspiring contributions to football rather than his human frailties.

Great tribute by Gary Lineker during the week about the great Maradona . He really admired the great man and told great stories.

A truly gifted player, certainly the best I've ever seen. Given the violent treatment he was subjected to on the field by the "hit-men" and the toll his off-the-field life-style imposed on him physically and mentally, he must have had the constitution of a cape-buffalo to survive as long as he did as a player.

RIP Diego, at home with your parents now.

Back