Mar Menor,Spain

Parnell

Hi, has anyone info on Mar,Menor region close to Murcia-what is the best way to get there by air-and the cheapest!! We have been offered the use of an apartment there for a few weeks so all info greatly appreciated by two intrepid travellers.
Thanks all, in advance.

I think that you could fly to "San Javier", which is really close, from Shannon airport, twice a week flights (Tuesday and Thursday). Where exactly are you going?

I think the place is called Cabo de Palos and is about 70 km from Murcia-will we be out in the sticks? Thanks for your prompt reply

Murcia airport is actually beside a small coastal town called San Javier on the Mar Menor. It is not near the city of Murcia, which is inland. It is very convenient for any of the towns along the Mar Menor. Cabo de Palos is on the southern tip of the Mar Menor and I would say that it's about 20 Km from Murcia airport. I haven't been there yet but I am thinking of going to that area this summer for a family holiday. It looks like a good area. The great thing is that no tour operators go there yet, so there are alot of Spanish holidaymakers there - with a growing number of British/Irish visitors. Ryanair fly there from Dublin(Mon Wed Fri Sun) and Shannon(Tue Thur Sat).

Hi,

I was in Cabo de Palos on holiday last summer.
My impression was that it's a nice quiet place with some good sea-food restaurants. The tourists were mostly spanish, but I noticed the kiosks had english and german magazines, so foreigners must go too.
The coastline is nice - very rugged with hills rolling right down to the coast. I'd say it's a nice place to spend a few days, away from hussle and bustle.