Maps showing county boundaries

dewdrop

I am trying to find a map showing the boundary between Tipperary and Kilkenny and any advice where to look for would be appreciated.

Go to osi.ie mapviewer, zoom in to the area in question, use the overlay slider to bring through the 6" or the 25" old map showing the county boundary.

If you click on the link below it will display an area around Urlingford and you can clearly see the county boundary.

[broken link removed]

A word of warning I have encountered inter county rivalry along this border which resembled trench warfare on the Western Front in the 14-18 war!

I am trying to find a map showing the boundary between Tipperary and Kilkenny...
What kind of detail is required?

There are numerous online mapping systems that will provide this (as mentioned above), but if you need to get more detail it's easy enough to get the data (e.g. geo-referenced county boundaries and background [or aerial photography/orthophotos] GIS mapping).

http://spatial.dcenr.gov.ie/imf/imf.jsp?site=GeoUrban < for example. You can flick on and off the relevant layers as required and get the specific view you require. Similar offerings from the EPA and others.

Thanks to all. Better to be on the right side of a river boundary for the all ireland!

Back