mapping out site

superwoman

Having a nightmare with the auctionner that sold us the site.He sold two together and is making us map them out ourselves( our buyer way too laid back for my liking). So has anyone got insight how to do this.Have a trundle wheel and stakes and conversion rates to square metres(and three men!).Am i set or kidding myself.

To speed things along have the percolation guy coming either tomorrow or wednesday.

stressed to nines

Were you evenn provided with a site size? Did you solicitor obtain a folio map from the Land Registry for your site? If so then get a good engineer to use this map to stake out your site - don't leave it to the other buyer to protect your interests. Do it right & its money well spent to avoid problems down the line if either you or the other person decide to sell in the future.

ninsaga

We agreed on .75 of an acre subject to planning.Havent got solicitor involved yet . I was leaving it until planning has gone through other wise i`d be left with a worthless field.

You are buying a site subject to planning for say approx €150000 All is happy in your house, you send in planning application, you re best buddies with landowner. Couple of months down the road the planning permission is granted.
And you have the landowner remembering that he agreed €225000 for the site.

Am I being a little bit cynical?? I'd invest a small amount of money on a solicitor now in order to save a potential gazumping type situation.

Then worry about site size. Get a land surveyor to accurately measure up both sites. If yourself and your soon to be neighbour get the same guy out to stake out site and to set out foundations at a later date you may save some money

Depending on where you are a surveyor will charge about €70 per hour. He wont take an hour to do this, will prob want a call out fee for this small job.
You wont pay for the site unless you are granted planning, you wont to left with a useless field.

You are buying subject to pp, the seller usually roughly marks out the site with stakes, ours did, we then insisted on his solicitor drawing up the agreement stating the exact price and we both signed, this will entail a land registry map being provided by seller. We then submitted pp and we were sucessful. the Agreement was then and only then legally binding. We then got a surveyor to precicely mark out the site. Everyone happy. Not that difficult, if you follow the above procedure, each party is protected.