Map of Galway

onway

Anyone know where I could get a map of Galway city with one way streets etc. marked on it??I want to get from N17 to Jurys Inn........

Hi Onway, I was tring to find a decent map on the web but there isn't 1 good enough with one way streets on it. The best one is [broken link removed]. However it does't get you from the N17. The best way IMHO is to go to the first roundabout on the N17 which is at Monaghans garage.(esso station and honda,skoda,fiat amongest others, dealer.) Take the 2nd exit into the city centre.

You will pass 2 sets of traffic lights on the way in. Just go straight on at both of these and you will come to the second roundabout just after the travel lodge hotel which is on your left hand side. Take the 2nd exit again which brings you in along the bohermore rd.

At the end of this rd you have to go left, so follow the rd, and you be going down hill to another set of traffic lights. There is a bus park across the rd from you. Go straight on at these lights and you will pass the radisson on your left. At the end of this rd you turn right and travel around the docks. You will see the radisson on the right of the map and you will be traveling around by the harbour hotel. You have to go left at the next traffic light which are beside the docks. Keep to the left side (this is a 1 way street) and follow it down to the end were it goes around a 90 degree turn to the right. Jurys is in front of you, just past the next set of lights. There is a multi story car park just to the right of jurys as you are looking at it. Becareful, this car park is very tight and if you have a car bigger than a average size saloon you could rearrange the body work!!!!! Jurys is on the map beside wolfe tone bridge. There are a lot of ways to get to Jurys but I think this is the easiest. It prob looks difficult but alot of the time you are just going straight on or following the flow of the rd around a corner onto another street. Hope this helps. Enjoy your stay.

Many thanks for that!!!!It looks quite complicated but will probably make sense at the time !Thanks again.

This is an excellent map site with great detail down to street level. It even shows the 1-way system in Galway. It seeems to have the whole of Ireland in detail.
http://local.live.com

C2H5OH, The oneway streets that are on that map are out of date since they revamped Eyer sq.

Onway,
You can still follow the Tuam rd in as far as Bothermore on the map. Follow the R336, but now the Bothermore rd changes to a oneway street at Prospect hill and you have to turn left to-wards Foster St., on Bothar Ui Eithir. That road divides into 3 at the traffic lights at the bottom of the hill. Stay in the middle lane and head straight onto the Fairgreen Rd, and you will come out at Lough Atalia Rd, turn right and follow the rd around to the junction of Queen St. and dock rd. And follow the dock rd (which is one way) around the 90 degree bend to the right and Jurys is at the R336 sign on the map beside Quay St. If you zoom in far enough the street names will appear.

Many thanks again for all your help - just one last silly question...!!!

When I get to Wolfe Tone Bridge at the end of the one-way system ,do I have to go over the bridge and then come back to get to Jurys or can I cross over the road there??Is there a junction??

You don't have to cross the bridge.

You can turn right before the bridge, into the multi-storey car park beside Jury's Inn.

Wait now......I'm actually not 100% sure that you can turn right into the car park......

Sorry.

You can, it's signposted for the car park. Look out for it, though, because it might not be that obvious.

Hi, Im the worst in the world at directions!! but I found a fantastic site its
[broken link removed] it is amazing,try it.just type in your destination and start location.deew

Back