Management company breach of contract

Witt22

I purchased my 2 bedroom apartment in 2000. Signed the usual contract which states no changing the exterior of the outside building which includes windows. I had to get new window which cost be €10,000, in August 2022. Very basic didn't particularly like them but I called the management agent to let them no i was changing them due to exssesive damp isuues due to painters bought in from the management company who had painted all over my vents outside (I was unaware untill I called them out and that's when they discovered it). I was told under no circumstance could I change the colour or style. I did not and spent a lot of money on the same. 3 months later my neighbour gets "DARK GREY" windows in and I rang them immediately and they told me they would get them to change the colour never happend!! 6 weeks ago In early August I return from holiday and my other neighbour who is the director of our OMC has fitted new windows "NEW STYLE DIFFERENT COLOUR COMPLETELY" I am furious as they where exactly what I wanted but yet I was told no. I have been calling the agents and emailing every day but they keep ignoring me and won't return my calls. I don't have an email or a phone number for the director of the OMC and the receptionist won't give it to me either. My point is they have breached the contract and I have been the first to change my windows in the development and I can never afford to change windows again. But in the next few years everyone will with their choice of colour and style. Any advice where do I stand please help

What does the management company lease/house rules say about such issues?

Don't you have full details about the management company, directors etc. from previous annual reports assuming that you're a member of the company by virtue of your ownership of one of the apartments in the development?

Have you attended general meetings of the company up to now? When is the next one due to that you can air your grievance at it?

What would you expect by way of remediation in this case if it was established that you had been misled?

Back