malta

Sagairt

any opinions and experience of malta for family trip (2 adults and 4 month old) to malta for 1 week

I went to Malta once for a week. It was by far the worst holiday I ever had. The weather was bad so that didn't help but the food was what stood out; I ate better in Soviet era Russia.

Loved Malta ! Have been there 4 times. People, Culture, Food, Prices way ahead of Costa del Sol. Only negatives would be scarcity of sandy beaches except on Gozo & it gets very hot indeed in July/August.

As always depends on hotel. We always use the Fortina Spa and have a great time. Six a la carte restaurants to choose from so food not a problem.

Malta is a mixed bag as far as i am concerned, the people are lovely, but the restaurants were quite poor and there are no sandy beaches which could be awkward with kids.

Went for a week on my own and loved it. It was late in the year so it wasn't scorching but it was still beautiful weather. There are sandy beaches, on all three islands (though I'd agree that it tends to be more rocky than sandy there and the best to visit is probably the Blue Lagoon on Comino which is a tiny island between Malta and Gozo). Food is pretty variable, I had some delicious meals and some less interesting. In terms of sightseeing the place is full of interesting things to see from underground temples to medieval walled cities to some of the most unusual countryside in Europe. One thing I noticed though all through the islands is that the kerbs are very high, if you have a child in a pushchair or a small child it will be very tiring.