Malta - any advice on resorts

cara mc k

I am thinking of going to Malta for a week, but don't know what resort to pick. we are a couple in mid 30's , no kids, looking for relaxation, not too quite but not mad nitelife (though I know Malta is no Ibiza), good atmosphere, nice food.

any advice appreciated

many thanks
Cara Mc K

Hi we went to St Juliens the year before last stayed here:

[broken link removed]

We found the hotel brilliant, very relaxing, very quiet. The nearby town is great during the day but at night it does get very rowdy - it seems to be a very young area, lots of students drinking on the little beach. We found that we had to hire a car as there wasn't really enough to do in the immediate area. We will be going again soon but have decided to go to Gozo which is absolutely beautiful, much quieter, more scenic. can be reached by 1 hr ferry from the main Island. Overall, brilliant holiday.

I went to Mellieha last year. I was just looking for a week of absolute relaxation and quiet time! I loved it but would advise against it if you are looking for some nightlife!

My wife and i went to Sliema earlier this year. We stayed in the Fortina Spa Resort , it was fantastic. All inclusive with six restaurants to choose from.We just went there to relax,and that is exactly what we did.A bit expensive but well worth it.

Agree totally with joer - the Fortina Spa is great! All staff very friendly and helpful, our room was one of the best we have ever stayed in (Tower room with hot tub on the balcony) and the food, especially in the Vietnamese fusion restaurant, was superb.

Back