Mallorca in April

aido71

In need of a bit of sun and been looking at Mallorca at Easter. Good price on flights at present which is main reason i am thinking about here. Have not been before...wondering what it is like at that time of year...i presume could be hit/miss sun wise. Where best part for 2 adults 2 kids (10 and 5). We not big party people....neither lie on beach all day....somewhere in between.....pool some beach....sporty types.....active...any advice appreciated.....Thanks all!

We had a lovely stay in Majorca in a Barcelo Hotel in April. Good hotel, food etc. However the resort was very quiet with empty restaurants, empty streets and so on. There will be a buzz at Easter time but when the school term is over it will stay quiet again.
I would certainly head to the more popular resorts.

It's situated between Alcudia and Peuro Pollensa. Its only a 5 minute drive in taxi or there is a bus that stops right outside the hotel. You wouldn't walk to either town though. Thats the only drawback.
In saying that, the hotel is very nice and has loads in it. Spa, pools, tennis courts, bike hire shop and I think you can do scuba diving training in the pool.