Malicious software threat from free AVG for AIB online banking HTML: Script-inf (Susp)

Up Rovers

Hi All,

Over yesterday and today I am getting a warning message on home computer from my free AVG when trying to log into AIB online banking only. The message reads HTML: Script-inf (Susp)

I have tried contacting AIB and they have confirmed that the account has not been attacked/hacked and they have told me that the problem lies with the computer and AVG. Looking at account on phone and everything does appear to be in order.

It seems to be a common problem so I am just wondering if anyone else has come across this problem and how it can be solved.

This particular thread makes me wonder about AVG overall?

Thanks.

Last edited:
What was the warning message saying?. Free AV is better then nothing but it is free so is going to be 2nd rate in comparison with other types

AVG Free tests better than many of the other free AV solutions in terms of protection, but the number of ads pushing you to upgrade puts a lot of people off.

If you want similar levels of protection, endure a few ads or be prepared to pay.

Also included as part of the MS Office Home and Business suite for MacOS

Last edited:
Why not just use Microsoft Defender which comes free with Windows?
Historically Defender was pretty abysmal which ensured people got used to using the alternatives. It's massively improved in recent years but still has issues detecting and blocking phishing or ransomware attempts. Defender can at times also struggle to remove malware it detects. If you only use the Edge browser, Defender will do a decent job.

I am getting a warning message on home computer from my free AVG when trying to log into AIB online banking only. The message reads HTML: Script-inf (Susp)
Does it happen with a different browser or in an incognito mode tab? Can you try it on another PC with the same AVG installed?

What was the warning message saying?

Sorry for delay in replying and I can't get the hang of screen shots on AAM so basically it was saying the threat was secured and we should upgrade our protection., surprise, surprise.

When I checked this morning it is not happening any longer.

Hard to make up my mind if I should get rid of AVG as they are practically spamming at this stage about upgrading.

Does it happen with a different browser or in an incognito mode tab? Can you try it on another PC with the same AVG installed?

Tried it on laptop a day or two ago and it did not appear despite laptop having AVG also. Used Firefox too and it was fine.

Back