Malahide to Sandyford Journey Times

antimonarch

Hello

Can anybody tell me how long it takes to travel fron Malahide to Sandyford at a typical rush hour & visa versa.

Regards

Anti

dont know but the 114 bus to sandyford from blackrock is very infrequent off peak wouldnt want to be relying on it for work if thats the idea. Also I hear DART is awful busy at rush hour like green line luas, so I hear anyway. I'd guess an hour and a half at least anyway.

Assuming you're taking public transport, train/dart is 20-35min to Pearce, 12-15 min walk to Luas, and 22 min on Luas into Industrial estate. Seat wise, train you'll be luck to get a seat before connolly, luas, usually get a seat as its the first stop.
I've only once taken the dart / bus option via Blackrock, and my memory is that it was a long time waiting for dart after exiting the train (one of th eearly trains goes onto bray, so you could stay on it), and another wait on the bus at the dart station.... So sorry can't give you any better timings.

By car, Malahide to M1 (?), M1/M50 to Sandyford Ind anything from 45min to 2hrs. Junction 13 is marginally better for exiting than J14, but on bad days I do J15, and come out through race course (not sure if i'm supposed to, but if it works.... 10min this morning, compared with reported 25min at both J13 and J14).

Having done it, the DART/LUAS combo is quite bearable. Driving was a nightmare (never home before 7pm), but new lane on M50 could make it easier now...

S